Pages

Visitors Map

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Youth Day

Happy Youth Day to all the South African youth out there. As we remember the struggle of the youth back in '76 we too should think about what we are fighting for. What are we as the youth of 2011 doing to make this country a better place for future generations.

Roll of Thunder
by Tshepiso Mabula

Roll of thunder hear my cry
If only your roar could take away
The pain because yesterday
I said I would forgive but never forget, 
The Hector Petersons, the Tsietsi Mashinini's
The songs they sang
So we could gain our freedom

Those bells that rang
And made it seem so random
May I ask if we have forgotten
Whatever has happened to the values of humanity
Respect for the elderly, fairness of equality
The identity of our dignity, integrity and security

Gatwe pinyana g air ping, bome bari ke ing,
Le ga ke latela papa, ke le letheka la lelapha
Le ge ke se ipeleng ngwana wa Mafikeng
Ke le mo Gauteng mo go fisang teng
Bagaetso iketleng batho ba re ba tlotleng
Ke bona ba re godisitseng
Roll of thunder hear my cry
I sing unto a nation as we cry
Senzeni na, senzeni na. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment